VFR Real Scenery of the Leeds Bradford conurbation and outlying towns including Guisely, Ikley, Cleckheaton, Rothwell, Halifax and Keighley. The scenery covers an area of approximately 1,500km2.
VFR stands for 'Visual Flight Rules' - this is the way that pilots navigate when they aren't using complex instruments - they look at a map and then pinpoint landmarks on the ground to work out their course and position. It's the most common form of recreational flying undertaken in the UK, but to do this in a flight simulator requires scenery that's exactly the same as the real landscape... and VFR Real Scenery is an amazing piece of software that provides it!
Fly over Leeds in Flight Simulator X and sample the view you'd get from a real aircraft. You can see the real countryside from the air and pinpoint every key landmark. It's all featured - streets, buildings and water features.
- The scenery is created using 25cm aerial photographic data of England and Wales to provide high-resolution scenery optimised for 1m display in Flight Simulator X.
- The software includes 9.6m digital terrain data to vastly improve the accuracy of the FSX relief.
- Custom night lighting - night effects are applied individually to each part of the scenery for accuracy and realism.
This scenery area is part of the Volume 4 (Northern England) Download or Boxed package.
For the full list of VFR Real Scenery add-ons, Special Offers, videos demo's, FAQs and more, see the VFR Real Scenery Information Page.
"Excellent frame rates" PC Flight
- Flight Simulator X (Acceleration/SP2 compatible)
- 3.0GHz PC
- 1.0Gb RAM
- 128Mb 3D graphics card
- Windows 8 / 7 / XP / Vista
- 1Gb hard drive space
Earn 120 points with this purchase