Tower! 2011 is an addictive and engaging air traffic control simulation. Gain experience by directing the arrivals and departures at smaller airports then step up to the challenge of controlling a major international airport!
Your assignment is to guide aircraft of various sizes and capabilities to and from the active runway for landing and take-off. As the Tower Controller you must assure that it safe for a plane to enter or cross a runway, assign taxiway routes, decide when to stop and start aircraft movements, and clear aircraft for take-off.
Tower! 2011 provides you with flight strips, ground and air radar screens and a photorealistic top-down view of the airport.
This is no arcade game! With a complex command structure, advanced AI and Speech Recognition technology, Tower! 2011 will allow you to experience of the thrill of being a real air traffic controller.
Tower! 2011 is also available as a Single Player Edition (Download).
- Multiplayer Online play
- Three photorealistic airports
- Advanced AI (Artificial Intelligence) pilots follow complex tower commands when to taxi around airport and fly approach and departure procedures
- Full voice control possible using Microsoft's Speech SDK voice recognition technology
- Photorealistic 2D graphics with dynamic lighting, shadows and ground traffic
- Create new airports, schedules and aircraft using the same editors used by the development team
- Aircraft will follow in-flight headings and turn commands
- Runway racetrack pattern commands are simulated
- Runway assignments for arriving and departing aircraft may be changed
- After take-off headings can be assigned to aircraft prior to departure
- Runway intersection take-offs are simulated
- Many of the newly issued FAA commands are simulated (such as line up and wait, taxi to ramp/apron)
- Taxiway routing to and from parking and terminal areas can be assigned and changed
- Hold short commands may be issued for taxiways and runways
- Dynamic lighting and shadows provide a stimulating visual environment. The sun cycle is calculated from real-world data
- Ground traffic (cars on major highways and streets)
- Stereo sound
- Full manual included (a German manual is also available to download from the Support section)
- 2.5GHz or any Dual Core
- 1.0GB RAM
- 128Mb 3D graphics accelerator card
- Windows 8 / 7 / XP / Vista
- 700MB hard drive space
Note: Microphone required for speech recognition. Tower! recognizes only clearly articulated English
Earn 404 points with this purchase