The Tiger Moth is also available as a float-equipped package for the same price as this ski-equipped version, or see the SPECIAL DISCOUNT OFFER! You can get the Ski and Float packs together in one single Download package for ONLY £10.99/€16.95/$21.99!
The de Havilland Tiger Moth is the classic embodiment of the biplane trainer, with its distinctive dual wing and tail dragger layout. Thousands of pilots learned to fly on this trainer before and during World War II and many Tiger Moths are still in use today for recreational flying - you can even still learn to fly in one!
The crew at Aeroplane Heaven have already brought you the wheel and tail dragger version of this distinctive aircraft, but this is something a bit different - a Tiger Moth on skis!
You don’t even need to have the full Tiger Moth pack (available on DVD-ROM or by Download) to get skiing right away! The DH82A and DH82C aircraft in this package are individual flyable aircraft in their own right!
Retaining the award-winning features of the land-based machines, these unique models give you access to all those snowy areas of the globe! Detailed, exacting in accuracy and carefully researched, these aircraft are highly realistic.
The top-quality models feature many high fidelity animations, a superb sound and textures covering a range of aircraft.
- DH 82A Ski equipped - Swedish military
- DH 82C Ski equipped - Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum with covered cockpit
- Many detailed changes in specifications such as autoslats, engine cowl or lights for a particular aeroplane are replicated in the model.
- Accurate flight modelling replicates correct airframe performance, stall moments and flying behaviour.
- Highly detailed 3D models of the DH82A and DH82C ski-equipped versions.
- Detailed and authentic liveries
- Full virtual front and rear cockpits
- Opening access doors.
- Authentic sound set
- Detailed and animated engines behind animated cowling panels.
- Working wing Autoslats (where fitted)
- Working 'Windy' airspeed indicator fitted to wing strut (non-Canadian version).
- Opening rear storage hatch (non-Canadian version).
- Fully animated control wires and undercarriage suspension
- Animated doors revealing detailed cockpits.
- Aircraft can be flown from front or rear seats.
- Animated Elevators, Ailerons and rudder.
- Animated front and rear pilot figures.
- Detailed flying wires and fittings, bottlescrews and brackets.
Authentic period panels and instruments in 2D and VC are all based on the real items for authenticity.
- Complete sets of smooth 3D modelled gauges with glass fronts
- Animated working controls, including throttle, mixture, fuel cut-off and rudder pedals
- Working Autoslat locking lever control and pitch trim levers (non-Canadian version).
- Working compass with operating bezel lock
- Authentic layouts exactly replicating real aircraft layouts.
- Working 'Windy Airspeed indicator on wingstrut (non-Canadian version).
- Flight Simulator X or FS2004 (compatible with FSX Service Packs 1 & 2 and Acceleration Pack)
- 2GHz equivalent or higher (2.5GHz for FSX)
- 512Mb RAM (1.0Gb for FSX)
- 128Mb+ 3D graphics card
- Windows 8 / 7 / XP / Vista
- 250Mb hard disk space
NOTE: Does not require full Tiger Moth pack to be installed.
Earn 84 points with this purchase