Both models feature:
- Authentic 2D instrument panel
- High-quality authentic aircraft textures inside and out giving you that 'real feel'
- Custom sound set created from the real aircraft sounds - both internal and external
- AeroPaint texture utility. Create new custom liveries of the aircraft or edit the existing ones. (External painting program such as MS Paint required).
- Highly accurate and intricately detailed model
- Highly realistic custom flight model created by an industry leader in this field
- Based on extensive research on the real-world aircraft
- Immersive virtual cockpit with mouse clickable instruments and knobs
- Authentic animations: Rotors, rotating belts, moving swash plates, entry doors - even the door handles work!
- Details, details! Highly detailed engine and rotor drives and small but important items like the Comms and Nav radio antennas, footsteps, tie-down points, door hinges, temperature gauge probes, fuel tank caps – you can even see the printing on the individual drive belts, all individually numbered!
- Variety for fun flying! Aircraft variations include the choice of one or two fuel tanks (with appropriate changes in flight performance), four different paint schemes with 6 authentic national aircraft registrations. In total there are 100 variations to choose from! Even flying with or without a passenger is an option.
- Custom model and nation/registration selection tool for easy selection of the aircraft variation that you wish to fly. You will even see the correct number of people in the cabin!
- AeroLoad payload editor. Change the amount of fuel, baggage and the number of passengers you are carrying. You will even see the correct number of people in the cabin!
- Operating navigation and landing lights
- Cockpit night lighting
- Full and comprehensive documentation included based on the real aircraft manual, covering technical details, panel and gauge descriptions, normal and emergency procedures, checklists and much more.
- A dedicated website www.jfflyingclub.com to meet other Flying Club pilots, share your experiences, tips and download additional files, paints and resources and enhance the features of your Flying Club.
2 standard livery styles, as well as a fantastic selection of real-world liveries.
Unique Nation Selection tool lets you fly the aircraft in UK, American, German and French, Swiss and Dutch registrations - giving a total of 221 variations!
Simply click to show or hide your passengers in the Virtual Cockpit.
With the engine off and the 'park' icon clicked, the pilot and passenger figures are removed, the manoeuvring wheels are in place on the skids, the main rotor tie-down is secured to the rotor and the rotor moves up and down gently in the breeze.
Animated pilot figure - he moves as the controls move, and passengers move their heads to look around.
Operating emergency floats - lift off from a hard surface and fly along with the floats packed, and you can then operate the floats that pop out already inflated to land on any water surface.
Unique in-sim checklist that needs just one click to display the reverse side. The checklist shows the normal operations checklists and operational limitations.
The custom flight model reflects the performance of the real aircraft as closely as possible in FSX and is further enhanced by default for users who have FSX Service Pack 2 or the Microsoft ‘Acceleration’ add-on pack installed. Users of the FS2004 version can make the choice between a custom ‘Normal’ flight model that behaves well under general flight conditions and an 'Expert' flight model that is more realistic in certain more extreme flight areas.
Immersive virtual cockpit with mouse-clickable instruments, levers and knobs and operating cyclic; collective with throttle and mixture controls.
Click to hide/show the collective, passengers and GPS unit in the Virtual Cockpit for easy viewing of instruments and controls. Even the cyclic can be clicked to remove the passenger side of the control as well as the port tail rotor pedals!
Full set of custom gauges and annunciator lights.
Authentic animations - main and tail rotor rotation and pitch, swash plates, tail rotor pedals, cyclic control, collective and rotary throttle, all four cabin doors, port and starboard engine bay access doors.
Small but important items have been modelled in great detail - door hinges, door air vents (they even open and close!), Nav radio antennas, rotor heads, skid wheel attachment points, fuel caps, Nav lights, operating emergency landing lights, door handles and more.
Operating lights - navigation, flashing strobe, landing and emergency landing.
Realistic cockpit operations
- Unique - the aircraft has altimeters that change from Milibars to Inches in the pressure setting window, depending on which International settings you have set in Flight Simulator. A simple mouse click enlarges the altimeter.
- Individual Avionics can be turned ON or OFF
- Overhead rotor brake
- Silky smooth gauge operation
- Engine 'Starter motor engaged' warning light
- Various other warning lights such as low rotor RPM and Rotor brake
- Mouse-over tool shows text of instrument name and readings
- All avionics are available in pop-up windows
Highly realistic avionics have been individually developed for this aircraft, based on the equipment fitted in the original machine:
- Nav/Comm radio
- VOR indicator
Authentic aircraft systems provide an even more accurate flying experience, with full electrical system simulation.
FSX version extra features
- Specular and bump mapping as well as FSX-style gauge night lighting! Outside you can actually see the individual rivets, and textures are optimised to give an ultra-real look and feel
- Multiple additional views taking advantage of the new FSX view system
- The new FSX gauge lighting system
A comprehensive manual is included in PDF format that fully describes the features and operation of the aircraft, its avionics, panels and gauges. The manual also comes with a descriptive tutorial to enable you to take flight as quickly as possible. In the simulation itself is a checklist for normal operations and this also outlines the operational limitations of the R44 within Flight Simulator.