First flown in the 1960s, this rugged and versatile twin-engined aircraft has become one of Europe's best selling commercial aircraft - it's been in continuous service ever since as airliner, cargo transport and a light utility aircraft with police and armed forces around the world.
The BN-2 Islander was designed and originally manufactured by Britten-Norman of the United Kingdom. Its simple and rugged manufacture makes for daily operation in and out of rough strips - as short as 300m - in all-weathers, helped by its twin-engined reliability, 30kts cross-wind limit and IFR cockpit fitment.
Developed over two years with the help of real-world Islander pilots and operators, this exciting simulated version is a full-featured FSX release, including technologies such as cockpit self-shadowing, HDR bloom effects, bump mapping and DX10 compatible external and internal visuals.
Over the years the BN-2 has spawned many variants with an almost endless combination of engine and cockpit fitments. This BN-2 simulation is based on a real-world example with assistance from Great Barrier X-Press Airlines, Auckland, New Zealand - fitted with 2x Lycoming O-540 260hp engines. Two exterior model variants for both early and late nose profile (BN-2A and BN-2B) Islanders are included, with related lighting accessories, in a total of 13 paint schemes.
Each paint scheme is rendered in stunning detail and a Paint Kit makes it easy for you to create your own extras.
- Air Hamburg
- Barrier Aviation
- British Airways Express
- British Airways Express (Tartan)
- Great Barrier X-Press (Kotare)
- Great Barrier X-Press
- Milford Sound Sightseeing
- Nature Air
- Shetland Islands Council
Fully functional VC with virtually every system and gauge functioning:
- 3D RealGauge Technology for super smooth 3D gauges
- Preset VC views and pop-up Bendix King GPS unit give easy access to key switches and gauges
- Click-spots on the throttle quadrant toggle allow the selection of 'Tied' / 'Separated' engine controls
- All knobs and controls feature intuitive left-click or mouse scroll-wheel backwards to decrease value, or right-click or mouse scroll-wheel forwards to increase value
- Yokes can be toggled from view as desired to access instruments and switches
- Panel shake effect on engine start and take-off roll
Bendix King GPS
Included is a fully functioning Bendix King KLN 90A GPS unit created by SimAvionics featuring:
- Full Nav data pages, single-column Nav tracking or Dual Column Super-Nav
- Flight Plan display mode
- Add and delete waypoints from plan
- User waypoint creation
- Flight Plans can be created and stored
- 'Direct to' mode
- Flight plans can be imported from FSX Flight planner.
The avionics fitment includes:
- Century 21 AutoPilot which can follow an FSX loaded flight plan OR a KLN GPS flight plan.
- Bendix King KN54 DME
- Bendix King KR87A ADF
- Bendix King KT67A Transponder
- Bendix King KX155 Com/Nav
- over 400 interior and exterior custom animations on the DX10-compatible model - with interior self-shadowing. High detail specular and bump maps for every part of the exterior and Virtual Cockpit bring every rivet and surface to life.
Lighting - beautiful night lighting textures and effects inside and out, and the gauge and panel lighting can be independently switched.
Sounds - High Fidelity sound set from Turbine Sound Studios makes this feel like the real aircraft, even with your eyes shut!
Flight model - Flight dynamics have been tuned and refined with the help of real-world Islander pilots.
- Flight Simulator X (SP2 required)
- 2.5GHz or any Dual Core
- Windows 8 / 7 (32-bit or 64-bit) / XP / Vista
- 1.0Gb RAM
- 128Mb 3D graphics card
- 679MB hard drive space
Earn 300 points with this purchase