Oozing authenticity and fully licensed by the RAF, Battle of Britain is set to transform CFS3 into the simulator that virtual pilots have always wanted. Just Flight's attention to detail has been partnered with celebrated developer Aeroplane Heaven's acknowledged design skills to create something really special at angels one-five! Includes 40 authentic missions (20 RAF and 20 Luftwaffe) that re-create events on noteworthy days throughout the battle, even down to the correct weather and time. There are scenery improvements to the locations used in the missions and a full suite of special effects is included, featuring searchlights, audible air raid sirens which trigger when you approach a target, bomb flares, smoke effects, realistic tracer fire, AI aircraft involvement and more! Phenomenally well detailed aircraft with interactive cockpits and state-of-the-art animation.
The lines of battle are drawn in Combat Flight Simulator 3 and the most famous aerial conflict in history is starting again!
The summer of 1940 marked Britains darkest hour. France had fallen. Alone and apparently defenceless, we awaited the onslaught of the Luftwaffe blitzkrieg that would spell the end to the free worlds resistance. However, Hitler and his generals hadnt reckoned with the skill and courage of the RAF, and for a few desperate weeks Fighter Command held back the German air armada. The victory they earned was truly our finest hour. Now its time to scramble once again and get airborne in CFS3 Tally Ho!
Highly accurate and detailed models of:
- Hawker Hurricane Mk1 two-blade, wooden propeller in early BEF colours of 87 Squadron.
- Hawker Hurricane Mk1 two-blade, two-crew Two-up Special 87 Squadron.
- Hawker Hurricane Mk1 three-blade, with two texture sets - 56 and 303 (Polish) squadrons.
- Supermarine Spitfire Mk1A in four sets of textures - 19 Squadron, 610 Squadron, RJ Mitchell tribute aircraft and a Captured example in German markings.
- Heinkel He111, with two texture sets - Kg 53 and Kg 55.
- Junkers Ju87B Stuka with two texture sets - Stg 41 and Stg 77.
- Bf109E in four texture sets - JG26, Wick (early and later) and JG3.
16 flyable models in total.
All the models feature highly detailed and immersive cockpits and animated surfaces and features, authentic markings and authentic sounds.
20 Royal Air Force missions.
20 Luftwaffe missions.
AI (Artificial Intelligence) aircraft are featured in the missions.
The missions are set in chronological order. Each is taken from a particularly noteworthy day during the battle and is a replica of events for that day, even down to the weather and time. Missions are designed so that they can be experienced from both sides.
"Aircraft modelling is superb" ic-games.co.uk
"Even for casual CFS3 pilots there are some compelling features here which are worth investigating" PC Pilot
"This sim is an excellent one" Avsim.com
- Combat Flight Simulator 3
- 256Mb RAM
- 32Mb 3D graphics card
- Windows XP/2000/Me/98
- 310Mb hard drive space
Earn 120 points with this purchase