This MilViz aircraft replicates the Model 95-C55, which was first produced in 1965 and was the first to use the more powerful Continental IO-520-C engines which produce 285 horsepower at sea level pressure at 2,700 RPM.
The package includes four liveries, six freeware missions, and an integrated menu option to configure the aircraft with two-bladed or three-bladed propellers.
The aircraft has been beta tested by multiple pilots with real-world Beech Baron 55 experience and is designed to replicate the crisp and stable flying characteristics of the Baron 55. The interior virtual cockpit uses a more modern cockpit as typically upgraded by many real-world owners.
The cockpit includes a Garmin GNS-530 and GNS-430, a Garmin audio panel and Garmin Mode-S transponder, and a Bendix-King autopilot. In addition, a few legacy avionics are retained, including a fully working Stormscope that actually does detect lightning present within the virtual FSX environment! A legacy autopilot has also been retained, even though it long ago gave up the ghost and forced the owner to spend money on the more modern Bendix-King unit.
By flying the six custom missions you can gain realistic insight into real-world FAA training methods used to train a pilot to earn his FAA Commercial AMEL pilot certificate! The sixth mission challenges the pilot to pass a realistic virtual version of an actual FAA checkride and, if passed, will earn the pilot his virtual AMEL pilot’s licence!
Short of purchasing a real Baron 55, this is as close as you can get to the real experience!
The Baron 55 was first derived from the Beechcraft Travel Air 95. The Travel Air series itself had an equally long and interesting history as it was a twin-engine derivative of the Beech Bonanza, which in turn was the side-by-side seating GA derivative of the T-34 Mentor!
The Baron 55 ended up using the fuselage of the Bonanza and the tail of the Mentor.
The B55 went through many updates. The first aircraft was released in 1961 as the Beech Baron Model 95-55. From there, the follow-on models were given letter designations such as the Model 95-A55, and the Model 95-C55. In fact the FAA considers the Beech 95 to be so close to the Travel Air that any Designated Pilot Examiner (DPE) is required to have a type certificate in either a Travel Air 95 or a Beech Baron 95-55 model!
Ultimately, Beechcraft so fundamentally redesigned the Beech Model 55 that it decided to rename it to the Baron 58. This aircraft is the Baron still in production today.
The Beech Baron 55 model depicted in this package is a highly detailed replica of its real-life counterpart. The model was created by using high quality digital photos and B-55 plans.
The aircraft has a maximum range of 900 nautical miles and a top speed of 201 knots so you can travel far with ease.
Other outstanding features of this aircraft are:
- One VC set-up which can be customised with your own gauge sets (2D only)
- Four different liveries
- Highly detailed Pilot's Operating Handbook written by a real pilot and including all performance charts and figures. If you choose to, you can fly by the numbers, or fly as casually as you wish!
- High quality sound set
- Extremely realistic night lighting, landing lights and custom effects
- Flight dynamics tested and tuned by a real B-55 pilots as well as other pilots. The aircraft flies just like its real world counterpart
- Working ‘Stormscope’!
- Aircraft features an exterior model manager that enables you to install/remove red gear and chocks (from external view only)
- Ability to hide the yoke in 3D VC enabling the pilot to access certain switches normally obscured from view by the yoke
- Several functional opening doors and compartments
- Free missions!
"As enjoyable to fly as to look at. The MilViz Beechcraft Baron 55 beautifully captures the essence of flying this classic high performance twin" PC Pilot (95/100)
- Flight Simulator X (Acceleration pack required, DX10 Preview compatible)
- 2.0GHz or any Dual Core
- 2.0GB RAM
- 512MB graphics card
- Windows 8 / 7 / XP (32-bit or 64-bit) / Vista
- 1.2GB hard drive space
Earn 230 points with this purchase